Friday, January 8, 2010

Project: sewing machine cover

Price: Free online
Time to make:1.5 - 2 hours
Clear instructions included: Yes
Additional material needed: Yes
Ability: Beginner

Need a funky cover for your sewing machine - then make this your weekend project. Not only will you get some time on your beloved sewing machine but your craft area will look great with a burst of colour.

There a plenty of tutorials on the web and we thought this tutorial by spool was the one to try. After finding the perfect fabric for my cover, I did want the tutorial suggested and measured my machine. I did have to adjust the measurements to suit and cut a pattern on paper first. I also use interfacing to make the fabric stand up and give it some structure.

Now my machine is o'so cozy!!
Bec xx














7 comments:

  1. Lovely Bec! I have a sewing machine cover on my 'To make' list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, it looks great! Like the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I found you just in time - I'm getting ready to make a sewing machine cover and have wondered just how to go about getting the look I want - the interfacing is the trick! Love the fabric you chose. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new at this, but are there sewing instructions for this project or just pictures? Sorry to sound so dumb...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a link in the text to the tutorial, see below http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/07/25/sewing-machine-cozy/

    ReplyDelete

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails