Wednesday, August 18, 2010

after-hours crafter :: Twinkietwink

after-hours crafter :: Twinkietwink
madeit.com.au/Twinkietwink

Tell us a bit about yourself?

I am a 37 year old mother of 2 who works up to 4 days a week in the airline industry.... and crafts in every spare moment.

Can you explain your craft/art and the materials you like to use?
I love trying new things and make a range of goodies mainly using fabric, paper and buttons. My current range includes hair accessories, jewellery, lip balm, solid perfume, magnets, keyrings and pocket mirrors. I am addicted to beautiful fabric and spend far too much time online searching for it.

How long have you been creating and how did you get into making handmade goodies?
I've been creating since I was a kid. My mum was an avid crafter and we grew up with or lounge room covered with craft supplies..... I'm keeping up the tradition.....

How do you juggle work & crafting/managing your business?
I have many late nights making stuff because I start after everyone is safely tucked up for the night. Time just flies when I am creating and I have to force myself to go to bed otherwise I know it will be ugly in the morning getting organised for school, daycare and work. I try to organise a lot the night before before I begin making. (that's the theory anyway)

Do you have any advice to other workers who are wanting to start creating handmade goodies?
My advise to others wanting to start creating is go for it. Madeit makes it so easy to sell your wares because you can commit a little bit of time or a lot. Depends what you can manage. No pressure - some weeks are more productive than others.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails