Wednesday, November 17, 2010

craftumi seller quick five - sewvintage

craftumi seller quick five - sewvintage
craftumi.com.au/sewvintage

Tell us a bit about yourself
I guess I fell in love with fabrics and sewing when I was quite young as my Mum and my Aunty were both talented sewers. I trained as a Textile & Design teacher and now spend a lot of time with kids, sharing with them the joy of creating something with their own hands.

How did you find about craftumi?
I first read about Craftumi on the madeit web site. I was really excited to hear about a dedicated Australian craft supply site as I’ve been selling (and buying!) on an overseas site for a couple of years now.

What do you sell on craftumi?
I’ve got three little shops which I’m steadily filling with stock. I have hand dyed, vintage doilies and handmade flower accents and embellishments at craftumi.com.au/embellished

Vintage and destash supplies for sewing and crafts at craftumi.com.au/sewvintage (Groovy Vintage fabrics coming soon!)

And I’m slowly listing a huge stock of Out of print and vintage sewing patterns at craftumi.com.au/paisleypatterns

What is your favourite craft activity?
Definitely sewing! I’ve tried all sorts of other things but I always come back to sewing. I love the fact that I can make something functional or purely decorative – or both! Lately I’m working with a lot of vintage linens and other fabrics and I’m really interested in the whole upcycling/repurposing thing.

What would be your perfect day?
Breakfast in bed, followed by an uninterrupted day in my home studio; no phone, no kids, no visitors, no meals to prepare, no housework, just me and my sewing machine! (A girl can always dream right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails