Tuesday, February 8, 2011

craftumi seller quick five - FabricPixie

craftumi seller quick five - FabricPixie
craftumi.com.au/FabricPixie


Tell us a bit about yourself

I live in Goonellabah located on the Far North Coast NSW with my husband Scott and 2 daughters Ava 5 and Lahni 3.

I grew up in the ‘crafty world’, with my mother owning a local fabric store, she has been doing the most exquisite heirloom sewing for porcelain dolls for around 30 years. She taught me to sew and I attended many a doll and bear show with her being a trader. I soon developed a passion for sewing and an appreciation of quality handmade items.

How did you find about craftumi?
I found craftumi though madeit where I also have a store called FlossyBloss selling handmade clothing and accessories. I thought it was fantastic to have a sister site to be able to showcase my love of fabric and sell these stunning pieces.

What do you sell on craftumi?
I sell quality designer fabric that is cute, quirky and fun, I love each and every piece of fabric that I sell so it is very hard to part with any of it. I purchase the fabric in bulk and use some in my sewing, this way I can also sell the fabric at a reasonable price.

My passion for stunning fabric is leading me to expand my fabric supplies and I will continually grow the Fabric Pixie business.

What is your favourite craft activity?
Sewing! After having my two girls I did not sew for the last 5 years.
Once I started back again only recently I realised how relaxing and therapeutic sewing is to me, I am creating patterns from scratch and it gives me such a buzz to reach a successful finished product.

My two girls also love to craft, they have their own craft supplies, and have already had their turn at machine sewing, I can see this wonderful talent blossoming into another generation!

What would be your perfect day?
I would love to say to send me away to a secluded cabin just me and my sewing machine but I love my family so dearly.......... I would like to bring them along too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails