Monday, February 7, 2011

madeit new seller quick five :: EnidTwiglet

madeit new seller quick five :: EnidTwiglet
madeit.com.au/EnidTwiglet

How did you find about madeit?

Through an advert in Frankie magazine. I was keen to set up a storefront as I like the idea that Madeit is an Australian owned website that supports fellow Australian designers and makers.

Explain your style
I find inspiration from a variety of different things so my style can be eclectic at times! I love vintage children's books illustrations and am always adding to my collection of them, I often flick through them to find inspiration for my embroidered designs. Also, I am a 'bird lady' so am always inspired by my own birds as well as books with beautiful coloured plates of vintage ornithological drawings such as Audubon.

What makes you happy?
So many things!! I am happiest sitting on my couch with my three cockatiels whilst watching a movie and working on my latest embroidered piece. I also love warm evenings on the porch drinking Pimms with my husband; finding op-shop treasures and adding to my ever growing vintage tea pot collection; buying a new flavored tea from my favorite tea shop in the city; setting up the market stall and spending the day with my good friend Audrey Dynamite and meeting new customers; watching a good film; listening to music; hanging out with my friends. The list is endless....

What makes you sad?
Being far away from my family and friends in the UK. I love my life in Australia but there have been family events both good and bad that I have not been a part of which can be really tough

What can't you live without?
The husband who always makes me my morning cup of tea!! My birds, making things, op-shopping, chocolate, tea, good music and movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails