Tuesday, February 15, 2011

craftumi seller quick five :: winterdesigns

craftumi seller quick five :: winterdesigns
craftumi.com.au/winterdesigns

Tell us a bit about yourself

I come from a family of artists: my grandmother painted landscapes before taking up pottery at the age of 90 and my mother created minutely detailed line drawings and textile art.
I tried many mediums before I found clay...but then I was hooked.

How did you find about carftumi? 

I was selling my ceramics on Madeit when I came across Craftumi and saw it as an opoortunity to enjoy making tiles without the slog of using them in my own mosaics. Now I can try out every new idea and not feel guilty for wasting my firing time on it! (Like my buttons)

What do you sell on craftumi?
I started making my own tiles when I went back to pottery after having my two children. It was very relaxing for my sleep-addled brain and remained a great meditation as life gained speed.

What is your favourite craft activity? 

I love re-using beautiful or interesting objects in my art. I set myself the challenge to reuse and recycle my finds into something more beautiful than the original...all mixed with my ceramic pieces. It’s really great fun!

What would be your perfect day?

My perfect day begins with a quiet cup of tea. I visit the National Gallery of Victoria before lunch and a sketching expedition with my kids to the Melbourne Museum. Back at home my husband cooks me dinner while I have an hour in the studio and the kids put themselves to bed on time. Then I have another cup of tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails