Friday, August 12, 2011

craftumi seller quick five :: Jewellery Tutorials

craftumi seller quick five :: Jewellery Tutorials
craftumi.com.au/JewelleryTutorials

Tell us a bit about yourself

I worked for many years looking at four walls in an office until one day my creative side started to take over and I'd rearrange furniture, print accounts in multi-colours and start to feed the staff with my culinary inventions. I realised I needed to leave and find an outlet. I happened upon a bead shop where they were teaching people to make simple pieces as part of a promotion and I was hooked!

How did you find about carftumi?
My niece was telling me about an Australian online shop where all products are made by hand, Madeit.com.au and suggested I open a store. I loved the look and the friendly feel of the site and eventually discovered the link to Craftumi (the candy store for sugar addicts).

What do you sell on craftumi?
I have started to create Tutorials in jewellery making.
Not just a lesson in the technique but also an attractive design that can be used to create a few different looks for personal use, or for giving as gifts and in some cases for people to make and sell themselves.

What is your favourite craft activity?
As with many craft people, I like to dabble in a bit of everything. At the moment I'm learning to crochet and what I love most about it, besides the variety of colours and types of fibres to work with, is the satisfaction of having created something functional as well as beautiful.

What would be your perfect day?
To create a beautiful work of art. Something that is unique and that I can be proud of.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails