Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Seller who Blogs :: prettyandprint





Seller who Blogs :: prettyandprint
Blog :: prettyandprint.blogspot.com
  
Tell us a bit about yourself and what do you sell on madeit?
I am a graphic designer of more than 15 years and mum of 3 little ones, 7, 5 and 8 months. I have freelanced and worked from home for most of the past 7 years but after baby number 3 I decided that rather than continue designing for corporate and commercial clients (sometimes you don't get the chance to design the prettiest things;). I wanted to venture somewhere a little more pretty and fun. I have loved stationery and paper since I was a little girl and have always been passionate about it. So I have made the move to design my own range of DIY boutique party printables, stationery and invitations.







How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I starting blogging about 2 years ago as a way to showcase and chat about my design work to current and potential clients. However, Pretty and Print is a new blog that is specifically about pretty and fun stuff, parties, kids and gorgeous paper things.



Do you have any advice for other sellers who are thinking of starting a blog?
I always try to blog about what I love and am passionate about whilst including a touch of my personal and home life. I think people feel more connected when they hear about your daily life, your ups and downs, the crazy and fun things that go on always make interesting reads. Of course, any new designs and printables go up there too.

What are some of your favourite blogs and why?
I browse so many blogs through facebook links etc, I tend to go through phases where I am obsessed with specific ones for a while but I am really slack at actually following them long term.
However, one that I always end up going back to is Bloesem Kids.



When you aren't blogging or making what do you like to do?
Well, with 3 under seven there isn't a lot (if any) extra time left over after pretty and print. But I do try and make myself take a break at least once a week in the evenings so my husband and I can actually have a good conversation without my head in my laptop. But if you don't find me with laptop in hand it is probably my camera instead, harassing my kids to look at me and smile.
A glass of red, chocolate and a good movie always go down a treat too;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails