Wednesday, November 2, 2011

craftumi quick five :: verri vintage

























craftumi quick five :: verri vintage
craftumi.com.au/VerriVintage

Tell us a bit about yourself.
Luke and I are a husband and wife team, with two little girls, who love all things vintage, retro or quirky. Verri Vintage was born when my own vintage fabric stash for my other business, Verri Charmed, started getting a little out of hand and Luke thought why not sell some? Verri Vintage has allowed us to turn our love of rummaging through Op Shops and car boot sales into a justifiable business. I do think Luke's de-stashing idea has back fired on him a little though, as it seems to have just fed my addiction!

How did you find out about Craftumi?
I have been a long time fan of Madeit and found out about Craftumi through a Madeit newsletter long before Verri vintage was born, it was a natural choice for us when we needed a place to sell our products.

What do you sell on Craftumi?
We primarily sell vintage and upcycled (usually vintage bedlinen) fabric through our Verri Vintage Craftumi store, though we also sell hand dyed vintage crochet as well as vintage lace, buttons and buckles.

What is your favourite craft activity?
I discovered "Farrah" my very 70's sewing machine about 18 months ago and I haven't looked back, though I do of course also love getting crafty with my 1 and 3 year old girls, painting is always lots of fun! I would say that Luke's craft of choice is brewing Beer LOL! But he has also been known to crack out the sewing machine (his is a 50's number!) for various projects like upholstering carseats or making beds for our dogs.

What would be your perfect day?
Anyday shared with my family is amazing, however throwing in things like treasure hunting at a carboot sale with the girls in tow, sunshine, a movie with Luke, running along the beach, a nice glass of wine with some brie, a long bath, reading a few chapters of a good book, laughter, friends, bare feet, sewing.... well all of those things help to make a day perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails