Monday, April 26, 2010

New seller :: wishbone

New seller :: wishbone
madeit.com.au/WishBone

How did you find out about madeit?
I love interior decorating magazines and I saw your ad in Real Living while I was browsing (in a supermarket checkout queue!) for inspiration for my 8 year old boy’s bedroom makeover. I like that madeit is supporting and showcasing so much fantastic Australian talent, go Aussies!

Explain your style?
My designs are usually simple ones with a twist. I like to incorporate a bit of an edge, something unexpected. I have been trained in traditional Silversmith techniques but love to try new things so my jewellery pieces are always original and often a bit quirky! I think it’s important to use recycled where possible so all my sterling silver is 100% recycled (the manufacturer sources and refines scrap from jewellers and waste from photographic processes) and most of my other materials (beads, leather etc) are vintage finds.

What makes you happy?
The sandy, salty, slightly sun-burnt, utterly exhausted feeling I get when I have had a great day at the beach with my family. And getting packages in the mail, finishing a new design, my dog insisting on sleeping on my feet, the outlandish things my children say, they make me happy too!

What makes you sad?
Cruelty to defenceless children and animals, the poverty that exists in some parts of the world and pollution and the damage it’s doing to the environment. These things can keep me awake at night feeling angry, helpless and terribly sad.

What can’t you live without?
My family, my workbench and mint choc-chip icecream!


4 comments:

  1. I am really loving the madeit blog and getting to see all of the great sellers
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combo of the wood and silver on that first necklace! nice work

    Sandra Darling xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words Sandra! It's really great to be on the madeit blog, thankyou so much Bec!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the combo of the wood and silver. The jewellery looks so chic. Something you can dress up or dress down! Perfect!
    :0) Ange

    ReplyDelete

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails