Friday, July 30, 2010

Geelong’s Piccadilly Market this Sunday!

Tell us a little about your market?
Piccadilly Market is new to Geelong and the place to come for original and handcrafted wares. The market has 40 stalls of talented artists, designers and craftspeople who are local to Geelong as well as from Melbourne and Country Victoria. The market has high quality wares such as adults and children’s clothing, jewellery, skin care products, handbags, wall art, paper products, home decor, cupcakes and lots more. Parking and entry are free and the venue is located on Geelong’s beautiful Waterfront making it a great day out for young and old.

When/Why did you start your Market?
I have been a loyal market goer for as long as I can remember, I have very vivid memories of going to Red Hill Market as a child when it first started out. I have been lucky enough to have lived and travelled in a lot of places around the world and have experienced many amazing and unique markets. In Krakow, Poland where I lived there are the Sukiennice Cloth Halls, during the heyday, over five hundred years ago, rich traffic came in from the East with spices, silk, leather, wax, as well as local textiles. I have seen it get trendier over the past 20 years but the main trade continues to be local crafts. Handmade has evolved world wide as has everything else and now we have so many incredible designers out there that need a place to showcase their work. I moved to Geelong 5 years ago and started the Geelong Baby and Children’s Market with my business partner where we sell 2nd hand but also showcase local designers and soon saw a need for a local Handmade Market that was not just children’s products. The first market launched on 28th March and proved I was right with 2000 super excited shoppers coming through the door.








Why do you love handmade so much?
I really enjoy seeing the creative process of an idea becoming a tangible product. My mind boggles at how these amazingly talented designers can come up with such unique ideas and make them happen.
There is so much thought, love and attention to detail which is what makes it so incredibly unique.





What 5 reasons why visitors should attend your Market?
• To support small businesses both local and state wide and help them continue to thrive
• To come and simply experience the wonderful world of handmade
• To purchase some of the best and most unique handcrafted goods for yourself or as gifts
• To enjoy a great day out, right on the Geelong Waterfront which is where we are located. We also have a cafe open for the duration of the market.
• To see what everyone is talking about

When: Sunday 1st August
Where: Deakin Waterfront Cafe, Geelong
10am – 4pm Free Entry Free Parking


visit our blog www.piccadillymarket.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. I all the time emailed this website post page to all my friends, because if like to read it then my friends will too.
    Cheap Clothes online

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish to show thanks to you just for bailing me out of this particular trouble.As a result of checking through the the net and meeting techniques that were not productive, I was thinking my life was done.
    Montres de luxe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 'd say that the dominant part of us visitors are really honored to exist in a surprising spot with a considerable measure of heavenly individuals with to a great degree obliging things.

    ReplyDelete

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails